Sunday, February 6, 2011

ORIGINAL CONTEMPORARY FLORAL PAINTING WITH ABSTRACT BACKGROUND BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

CORAL CANDY
by Colleen Sanchez
Original contemporary tropical floral painting with abstract background
10 x 14 Watercolor on Paper
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE

Yeah!!!!! I can finally post again. I was without internet service for 2 weeks; talk about net withdrawal. I switched providers so hopefully I'll be on track for a while. I missed blogging.

This is my newest floral watercolor painting. I was in the mood for corals and of course it had to be an hibiscus flower. I kept the background as abstract as possible to highlight the flower. I love the contrast between the corals and reds of the blossom against the green and blue background. I did not use any mask for this painting, just carefully painted around the areas I wanted to leave white. Enjoy the day!