Saturday, January 8, 2011

"BREAKWATER" textured marine abstract © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"BREAKWATER" 11001

"BREAKWATER," side


"BREAKWATER," detail


How's this for a diversion from my usual geologic abstracts?  It still has an organic feel to it, but this painting is in a color palette that I don't use very much.




Whenever I do a work like this, with those luscious turquoise, green, and blue tones, I wonder why I don't do more paintings on that side of the color wheel.  If you're curious, the Golden fluid acrylic colors I used for this painting were primary cyan, anthraquinone blue, indian yellow hue, burnt umber, black and white.



Maybe it was all the talk about "taking a plunge" - see previous post on my blog.  LOL  For more information about this painting, click here to go to my website.