Friday, December 3, 2010

"Colorful Irises" by Karla Nolan, framed painting on glass



Irises tend to be very trying to paint, very difficult. The waviness of them, their curves, their shadows -- all a bit frustrating. And yet I enjoy attempting to capture them. Painting irises onto glass can be a little disconcerting because it is so easy to lose track of their lines -- they tend to merge together on occasion. Still, I enjoy the challenge. There is a close-up on my website.

"Colorful Irises", framed painting on glass, 10"x22" edge to edge glass, sold framed in black, Paypal preferred, $675 plus s/h to be determined at time of sale, e-mail me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information





I have set up a second website, Paintings On Glass, to showcase my paintings on glass.  There is a piece in progress as I type with sailboats.  That's a true challenge, showing proper structure and making the water look good.  Be sure to check it out, along with my new blogspot, listed below.
 
Look below for a link to yet another art blogspot, one that I created for my paintings on glass, or click here:  PaintingOntoGlass

Thanks for looking!
Click here to join my e-mail newsletter list...

MORE NEWS at KarlaNolanBlogspot