Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Salmon Poppy Trio" by Karla Nolan, framed painting on glass





ALERT: You are about to view art of a different nature. These are paintings on glass -- that is, painted directly onto glass with specially formulated glass paints. They are always framed for the protection of the glass. The paints often are transparent and sometimes opaque, giving a stained glass appearance under good light. They, like all fine art, should not be hung in direct sunlight. The photographs do not do them justice -- my colors are very vibrant. Close ups are available, just e-mail me for information (see below). In most instances, click on the actual image for an even larger image to view -- you'll see lots of different items such as marbelization, transparent or opaque parts of the work -- try it and see! Commissions are accepted.

This is one of my first paintings on glass and I still love it. We grow salmon colored poppies in our garden and I just love them!  I decided to give someone a "deal" on it -- it's 8"x10" measured edge to edge glass and will be framed in simple black.  If you are interested in it, write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com and I'll send you a Paypal invoice for $125 which will include s/h in the U.S.  Who will be the lucky buyer?  (Normal price is $240!).  Happy Thanksgiving! 


I have also set up a second website, Paintings On Glass, to showcase my paintings on glass.  There is a piece in progress as I type with sailboats.  That's a true challenge, showing proper structure and making the water look good.  Be sure to check it out, along with my new blogspot, listed below.

Thanks for looking!
 

Look below for a link to yet another art blogspot, one that I created for my paintings on glass, or click here:  PaintingOntoGlass

MORE NEWS at KarlaNolanBlogspot