Tuesday, October 12, 2010

HOLY GROUND by Pat Stacy

Holy Ground
by Scottsdale Artist,
Pat Stacy
HOLY GROUND
36" X 36" X 1.5 " Acrylic on canvas
$1300.00
On Oct. 4, 2001, at 4:00 AM, I was sent into the night at ground zero to
find 2 girls who had gone AWOL with the Red Cross. The policeman
guarding the barricades knew their names. The air stunk, and was heavy
with gray dust filled with human and other remains. The dust was
everywhere, with the bright floods lights making everything look surreal.
Behind the barricades, workers sifted rubble looking for human remains,
small or large. The Entity was there. Unseen, unheard. The ground at this
place is Holy Ground--sanctified by the blood of 3000 innocents. This is the
image I brought home in my mind as I flew back to Arizona on 10-8-2001.
For more information, please contact Pat Stacy, pastacy@cox.net or
602-290-3009. Also be sure to check my website at www.patstacy.com.