Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jardim de Segredos...Contemporary Abstract Modern Art Floral by Texas Artist Filomena Booth

Jardim dos Segredos
Acrylic on Canvas
40"x40"x1.5"

I just completed this painting after working on it for a couple of weeks.  Normally, I like to start and finish a painting in one or two sessions.  Although this painting started out with broad, loose swaths of color, it began to suggest flower forms and I decided to go along with it.  Someone mentioned that it looks like a Matisse and in some ways I agree that there are some similar qualities.  Defining the abstract shapes without turning the painting into a literal floral was difficult for me.  I have a fear of letting the work become too tight and contrived. 

To see more of my original abstract paintings, please visit my website.
I will be posting "in progress" pictures of this painting on my blog.
Contact me for more information about this painting.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist