Monday, May 24, 2010

Mixed Media Demo #3, © Carol Nelson Fine Art


This is a mixed media demo piece I did for a recent workshop. It has copper metal, copper tacks and brads, tyvek, and acrylic paints on a wood panel with a black frame. Sometimes, when I'm demonstrating the use of various materials such as metals and tyvek, and showing methods of attachment, I end up putting together a pleasing little abstract during the class.

I liked how this one turned out. It's very 3D, an aspect which doesn't show very well in the photo. For purchase information, please see my website.

2 comments:

  1. This just made my day much brighter. Thanks a lot. Something else I came across was this Laguna Beach Gallery .Take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This caught my eye on the side of Pat's blog and I had to click & come over. Love the colors & design in this, and the fact that it's such a mix of media makes it even better. Wish I could see it in person, I'm sure the 3D and texture are terrific.

    ReplyDelete