Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Wolf Wisdom" by Kate Dardine

I've been thinking abut painting wolves for a long time, and have always had a great interest in them. I recall a time at a zoo, many, many years ago. I was looking into the wolf enclosure and had the extraordinary experience of locking eyes with a wolf. It wasn't a challenge, but rather an exchange of some deep emotion, a longing - and in some weird way it felt like recognition between us. I remember I broke gaze first, and the wolf slowly turned and walked away. I was left standing alone with a most indescribable sense of sorrow.

Do you feel an affinity with wolves or other animals? Check out my Totem Animals or my series of birth totem animals.

"Wolf Wisdom" is 24x24, oil on gallery-wrapped canvas. Click here for more information.

Kate Dardine is a daily abstract painter from Colorado, USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment